Director of Finance
The Preneed Company of America (Precoa) is a national sales and marketing company within the preneed insurance industry. We are the nation’s leading provider of an innovative marketing, lead generation, and appointment setting system called ProActive Preneed™.
The Director of Finance is a key leader within our Finance department to develop and grow the newly established Financial Planning group. The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the Operational Finance of our organization, including Budgeting and Forecasting, operational KPI and profitability reporting, monitoring cash flow, Compensation analysis, and developing and maintaining best practices and internal controls for our company’s finances.
They develop policies and guidelines to meet short and long-term financial and operational goals, and establish processes to incorporate past financial results into our budget development. The Director of Finance develops and implements tools and analysis used for planning, forecasting, monitoring, and decision support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Plan, execute, and manage all aspects of Precoa’s financial and operational reporting process and results.
● Manage and develop Financial Planning & Reporting group and establish specific objectives within the team to align company wide objectives and goals
● Work with cross-functional teams on a variety of functional and company-level initiatives and projects.
● Improves systems and processes within the department to help ensure functions and projects are running efficiently.
● Manages and analyzes company’s operational performance and financial resource allocation
● Prepare analyses and other information necessary to support strategic and other financial decisions as needed.
● Partner with the CFO and other members of the management team to evolve planning processes that support the growth of the organization, using sound decision making.
● Provides guidance and literacy training to business owners or stakeholders for financial and operational reporting; establish process, reporting, and analysis that best fit to achieve individual business owners’ objectives and goals.
● Establish the standards to ensure accurate, compliant, and useful financial reporting is produced.
● Monitors the creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
● Manage Field compensation and commission reporting; work closely with Field Sales senior management to improve actionable reporting & analysis as well as process improvement.
● Recruit, manage, evaluate, and provide ongoing training to finance staff
● Additional duties as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
● Deep knowledge of Financial Planning and Reporting and solid knowledge of the overall Accounting group and its process.
● Deep understanding of database management and large volume data manipulations. Extensive experiences of creating financial models and analysis.
● Experienced managing large transaction volume and extensive process improvements
● Strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to connect business actions with financial outcomes.
● Capability to manage all level of professional staff (from junior level to senior level); capable of hands-on training junior staff / analysts and be able to promote their progression
● Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
● Strong project management skills.
● Ability to successfully mentor and hand-on train all levels of employees within the department.
● Commitment to advancement of others through mentorship and willingness to share information.
● Flexible, can-do, self-starter with the ability to motivate staff to produce quality work within designated timelines and simultaneously manage several projects.
● Commitment to working as a member of a team and contributing at all levels.
● Ability to multitask and maintain calm in periods of high stress.
● Utilizes common sense, navigates ambiguity, and drives towards results.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate concepts, results, and recommendations clearly and concisely across all levels within the organization.
● Highly ethical standard of conduct.
● Demonstrates and exemplifies Precoa’s Core Value and Beliefs.
● Approaches challenges with positivity, humility, and energy.
Education and/or Experience:
● 8+ years of management experience in the accounting and finance field.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
● MBA or CPA preferred.
● Large public accounting firm experience preferred.
● Following software experiences and skills are preferred: Oracle or similar ERP Accounting system, Advanced Excel, FRx, Power BI, Tableau, SQL, other FP&R related software